Sunday, March 29, 2009

Germany Week 7

Well this was quite an interesting week here in Deuchland. I finally got to feeling better about Wednesday. We had a meeting with H.R. Wednesday afternoon about changes to the project team. We were told that because of the state of the economy and the need to save money and resources within the company, our teams would be reduced from 15 T.M.s to 5. So 2 days later I was notified that I would continue on the project team. Our trips will be 9 weeks instead of 8 and we will probably be required to fly coach beginning with the next trip. As you can imagine a lot of our team was disappointed about the cutbacks. We were also notified that no pay increases and no bonuses will be given this year. At least we still have a job. Saturday was an interesting day. Barry Clayton and myself decided to ride trains and buses around the area. We bought a boarding pass good for all trains and buses for the day for 6.50 Euro. Barry wanted to go to Rittersport to get some chocolate to take home. So a 20 minute trip from the hotel by car ended in a 2.5 hr. trip by train and bus. It was rainy and cold but it did not deter our efforts. From there we took a bus and train back to Stuttgart to eat at the Blockhouse restaurant which is the closest thing to American food we have found. I had another great steak. I feel very blessed and fortunate with all that has transpired. I feel the love and support of all my family and look forward to seeing you all very soon. I LOVE YOU ALL. DAD.

4 comments:

  1. You have a great attitude: at least you have a job! Does this mean you will be going back in the summer? I talked to Mom who said she wasn't sure she would get to go anymore. I'm so glad you're feeling better.

    You're new grandchild is making itself more known to me. I have another doctor's appointment in two weeks. I can't wait to feel the baby move. Can't wait to see you at Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is some not so great news to have to deal with. You do have a great attitude about it though. Do you kind of wish you weren't going back? Just a little over a week and you'll be home. I know mom will be glad! She needs some sanity in that house:) Well, now that I think about it, I don't know that you are the best person to provide that :)
    Just kidding! Have a good last couple of weeks! Love you! Valoree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're on the home stretch. Looking forward to Easter. Colt finally started walking. He thinks he's something else! Will you get to watch conference on the internet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    I hope you know that I look forward to every Sunday morning before church to read your blog entry. I don't always have time to comment until later.
    So, how did you get chosen as one of the TM's to go back? Glad that worked out for you.
    Chris said all the salary members got cut to 32 hours and now he is really worried that he will be next. Pretty scary!
    I hope you are bringing home some yummy chocolate for us!
    Thank you so much for your message. I hate we missed eachother. The kids loved listening to it over and over!
    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete