Sunday, April 5, 2009

Germany Week 8

And it came to pass, that my comings and goings here in Sindelfingen are about to abade. It has been a great stay and I am looking forward to my 8 weeks at home. This week has been mostly uneventful. Things at work have gone well. The german collegues had a meeting at work this Wednesday. They are having cutbacks here as well. Their work week is being reduced from 35 hrs. to 30 hrs. per week and they will not get a bonus this year. The recession is truly worldwide. No travels this weekend, stayed close to the hotel and rested up. This weeks supper menu was greatly influenced by the fact that our hotel is 2 blocks from Burger King. I had king wings, whopper, chicken sandwich menu, double cheeseburger menu, and a large vanilla shake. I did have one good meal on Tuesday night at a restaurant called the Tris. The lasagna was very good. I have finished reading the Book of Mormon, thanks to moms challenge. How do you read the Book of Mormon in 8 weeks. The same way you eat an elephant. One bite at a time. Thanks to all of you who e mailed your responses to my blog entries. It helped make my stay here much better. I look forward to seeing you all next weekend and tell the grands I have them some easter candy from Germany. Love to all. See you soon. Dad.

4 comments:

  1. Who knew you were so witty? Precious. Can't wait to see you on Sunday. Have a safe fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can't wait to see you at Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats on the Book of Mormon reading! How do you read it in 8 weeks? You have nothing else to do! :)Can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is awesome that you finished the Book of Mormon! What will you plan on reading next time around?
    Can't wait to see you Easter! I hope you have a great trip home and don't get too exhausted! Thank you for sharing your trip with us! Feel free to keep it up when you get home! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete