Sunday, July 19, 2009

Week 6 Germany Trip 2

Things at work went well this week. The weather has been cool with some rain here and there. Early in the week we began hearing rumors about another possible buyout at the plant. I dont have any concrete details, will have a meeting in about 2 weeks to reveal details.
Friday after work I went to Herrenberg with Barry Clayton. He wanted to order some Birkenstocks for his wife. While there I fell in love with a pair of red Kangaroos which were on sale and my size. Guess it was just meant to be. We came back to a restaurant near the hotel. It was located inside a horse riding stable complex. The food was great, our waiter spoke perfect English and we sat and ate and talked and watched people taking riding lessons for about 2 and a half hours. The prices were very reasonable and we plan to go back sometime this week.
We did not make any travel plans for this weekend. Germanwings has a blind booking website which allows you to go to about 8 different cities for 20 euro each way. The deal is you dont know where you are going until after you book it. I talked a couple of other guys into going with me. So as it turns out we are going to Dresden next Saturday morning and flying back on Sunday evening. Lucky me, Dresden was one of the cities that I really wanted to visit while here.
Only 2 weeks left on this trip. I am looking forward to coming home. It has been a great trip. Anne tells me I have lots of work waiting for me there in McCalla. Love to all. See you soon. Dad.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see these red shoes you're in love with. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete